With the advent of video, audio has become one of the biggest concerns for creators. Video is easy to share and distribute quickly but good audio adds another dimension that makes it more engaging than watching something you can’t hear properly. There are several ways to extract audio from a video including hardware capture devices like microphones or software solutions such as Audacity
Audio extraction is a common task that many people need to do. There are five different methods that can be used to extract audio from video.
People often ask about how we extract audio from video. There are various transcription services that you may use to post your video or audio. Due to the fact that audio files are smaller than video files, they may be extracted quickly.
If you appreciate a certain piece of music or song in the video and want to use it as background music or for any other purpose. So, here are several approaches for extracting audio from a video.
Also, check out the Best Music Apps for Listening to Songs Without Using the Internet.
Using Smartphone Apps to Extract Audio from Video
Converting Audio (iOS)
- The Audio Converter enables you to extract audio from videos, however it is only compatible with Apple iOS and supports a variety of video and audio formats.
- It is compatible with Apple iPads and iPhones.
- You may use it to chop, edit, and trim audio files.
- Mkv, wmv, avi, MP4, and other video formats are supported.
- It also supports a variety of audio formats, including ogg, flac, and MP3.
Extractor of audio (Android)
- This software is completely free to use, however it only works on Android and has a high rating.
- This program allows you to extract audio from videos and save the audio file.
- You may also use the audio you’ve retrieved in another video.
- You may take off the segment of the video you want and save it in a variety of formats, such as wav or MP3.
Audacity is a program that allows you to extract audio from videos.
If you have the capacity to edit audio and wish to do so in a less-than-ideal fashion, you can utilize audacity. It’s essentially open source and free audio editing software. Audacity is compatible with Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows.
To extract audio from video, follow these instructions.
- To begin, double-check that the movie you want is in the right format.
- If your videos include DRM (Digital Rights Management), you won’t be able to access them with Audacity and will need to find a solution to remove the DRM and convert them to MP4.
- FFmpeg Plugin Installation
- Because audacity is an audio editing program that cannot open video files, you can import and export video in an audio format by installing FFmpeg.
- Select File -> Open and go to the video file after ensuring that it is DRM-free.
- You may now locate and pick the audio you wish to extract.
- To begin, open audacity and play your movie. Go to the path where you want to extract your audio and check the time. If you want to remove in the 12th minute, for example, go to 00:12:00 and make your pick.
- You may play your audio once you’ve selected your audio time to ensure that you’ve done everything properly.
- Then choose File -> Extract Video -> Export as MP3 or WAV from the File menu.
- Finally, you may save the audio from your movie choices as MP3 or WAV files.
- Keep in mind that WAV is uncompressed audio (bigger files) and MP3 is compressed audio (smaller files) (smaller size).
VLC Player is used to extract audio from a video.
The free media player VLC is popular among users since it allows you to convert any music or video file to MP3 in a few easy clicks.
It runs on Linux, Mac OS, Windows, Android, and iOS, among other platforms.
- Choose Media -> From the menu bar, choose [CTRL+R] to convert/save.
- Now go to your video file and open it.
- Choose between converting and saving.
- Select Audio – MP3 from the drop-down menu underneath the same-profile setting.
- Select Browse and give your file a name.
- Start by pressing the Start button.
Using an online audio converter tool, extract audio from a video.
If you don’t want to download and install an audio extract, you may also extract audio files online. You may extract audio from videos using a variety of audio extractors. An online audio converter is one such example. It supports a broad variety of file types and has a simple extraction method.
The steps are as follows:
- To begin, go to the online-audio-converter official website.
- Then go to Open Files and double-click the MP4 video you wish to extract. The uploaded file may be up to 2048 MB in size.
- You’ll see that the MP3 format has been pre-selected. Now, choose the extract option to extract the audio from the video. You may choose from a variety of audio files, such as MP4 iPhone ringtones.
- Finally, click the download option to convert the file and save it to Dropbox or Google Drive.
QuickTime Player is used to extract audio from a video (Mac Only)
Mac users may extract audio from videos without having to install anything.
We’ve all heard of Quicktime, a video player that allows you to simply record and extract audio from video files. However, Quicktime does not support Windows and only supports Mac.
The procedures for using can extract audio from MP4 are shown below.
- To begin, open QuickTime on your Mac and load the MP4 file you want to manipulate.
- Select the file from the menu bar, then pick the export option. After that, click the audio only to name the MP3 file and choose where you want to store it.
- Finally, choose finished to complete the video extraction.
Adobe Premiere Pro is used to extract audio from video (Paid)
Despite the fact that this is a premium edition, it includes all of the necessary processes for extracting audio from video.
- To begin, find a video clip with the audio you want.
- After that, go to the timeline parallel and change your time ruler to audio samples.
- The audio must then be exported. Select File -> Export> Media from the File menu.
- After that, choose the audio format you desire, such as MP3 or Wav.
- To convert the audio to an MP3 file, you may change the file quality, then pick a destination and click export.
With Premiere Pro, you may create new audio files by following the procedures below.
The Bottom Line – Extract Audio from Video
That’s all there is to it; we’ve covered all of the ways for extracting audio from video. We hope that by using any of these approaches, you will be able to extract audio from video.
If there is anything in this post that you don’t understand, or if you have any additional questions, please leave a comment below and we would be pleased to help you.
Also see: The Best Ways to Remove Vocals from Songs and Extract Music
The “audio extractor” is a tool that allows users to extract audio from video. There are many different methods for extracting audio from video, and the user can choose which method they prefer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I extract audio from a video?
A: The best way to extract audio from a video is by recording the video with your voice through an app called Screenflow.
How do I extract audio from a video for free?
A: The best way to extract audio from a video is by using SoundCloud. You can use their software or download and install the app onto your computer.
How do I extract audio from a video in my gallery?
A: In order to extract audio from a video in your gallery, you must first download the free app called MediaHuman YouTube Video Converter. Once installed, open up the program and choose Video->Extract Audio. A window will pop out that looks like this with all of its settings pre-selected for you.
- extract audio from video vlc
- how to extract audio from mp4
- extract audio from video iphone
- how to extract audio from mp4 audacity
- extract audio from youtube video